Since 1994, AstaReal’s natural astaxanthin has been researched in over 140 published studies including 70 clinical trials. The results have shown that natural astaxanthin helps promote such areas as joint health, eye health, skin health, cardiovascular health, anti-fatigue, general cognitive function, sleep, and muscle endurance. The results have also shown parallel results with improvement in immune function, endurance, coat health, eye health, sleep and general well-being in companion animals. Now with its NASC Preferred Supplier status, AstaReal is able to introduce AstaReal natural astaxanthin’s superior health benefits to companion animals.
Benefits seen in 2-4 weeks:
Joint Health: Astaxanthin has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that support pain-free joints. It suppresses certain chemicals that cause chronic pain. As dogs age, the cartilage that cushions bones in joints deteriorates. Standing up, walking, climbing stairs, even lowering their head to eat from a food bowl can be painful. Astaxanthin isn’t a cure, but studies suggest it helps prevent joint issues in dogs.
On a cellular level, astaxanthin serves as a protective shield strong enough to protect against free radicals. It permeates the cell and forms a type of shell to prevent free radicals from spreading cellular damage. It’s capable of handling multiple free radicals at a time and effectively neutralizes the threat. Other antioxidants, like vitamin C, also work against free radicals, but astaxanthin is by far the strongest. It’s 6,000 times more potent than vitamin C, and most living beings benefit from an astaxanthin supplement in their diet.
From an early age, your pet explores his world with all his senses. Obviously, you can’t control where he sniffs and licks, but you can help support his immune system to cope with whatever he comes in contact with.
This is simpler to do with a younger pet whose immune system is operating at full tilt. As your pet ages, her immune function declines and may require more support.
Everyday stress, pollutants and toxins, excessive vaccines, certain ingredients in pet foods, and various health conditions produce free radicals in your pet’s body which can affect immune function
Antioxidants help protect your pet's cells from free radical damage by:
- Neutralizing oxidizing free radicals, leaving them less harmful
- Reducing oxidative stress in your pet's body and protecting his cells' delicate DNA
- Supporting cellular, tissue, and organ health
- 550 times more powerful than vitamin E
- 65 times more powerful than vitamin C
- 54 times more powerful than beta-carotene
- 5 times more powerful than lutei
Studies suggest these potential benefits when animals receive supplemental astaxanthin:
- Helps support a healthy normal immune response
- May help support cardiovascular health
- May help support joint and muscle recovery after exercise
- Helps support cellular mitochondrial function and energy production
- May help support comfortable, flexible movement